Design Integration Engineer
Open PositionLocation: Metro Alpharetta, GA
- This role will work in close cooperation with the Design Integration and Configuration Manager, and it is responsible for coordination of physical and functional interfaces of all gas turbine product lines.
- Product definition for manufacturing and assembly of tight tolerance turbomachinery, as well as installation of the gas turbine into many unique applications for various driven equipment.
- Defining, maintaining, and improving engineering drawings and specifications
- Work directly with Vericor’s manufacturing and test facility in Greer, South Carolina to ensure top-quality while minimizing technical risk through review of technical questions or concerns.
- Provide technical support for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) work scopes
- Assist Vericor’s Supply Chain organization through technical support of developing manufacturing suppliers providing parts and accessories that comprise Vericor’s gas turbines.
At Vericor, we pride ourselves in being a small, but very capable gas turbine OEM. As a key contributor of our small team, you will be exposed to, and have the opportunity to learn many different facets of our business: state-of-the-art manufacturing, analysis, and testing techniques, participating in exciting R&D programs in support of strategic business objectives, and contributing to solving Service Revealed Difficulties (SRDs) through Root Cause investigations. Vericor is a fast-paced, work environment, that requires enthusiastic top-talent like yourself!
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering discipline; Advanced degree is a plus, but not required
- Experience in using 3D CAD software for modelling and assemblies; Unigraphics (NX) preferred
- Knowledge of drafting best practices – GD&T in accordance with ASME standards
- Strong interest or experience in aero-derivative gas turbine engine technology and associated physical sciences – thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, materials sciences
- Strong interest or experience with aerospace manufacturing techniques – brazing, welding, additive manufacturing, machining, casting, forging, etc.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office familiarity and presentation skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Teams, etc.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as multi-tasking abilities, strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, and time-management skills.
- Prior Co-op or Internship experience is a plus, but not required
- High-energy and passionate team player who is excited about learning and embraces a culture of trust, free-thought and collaboration
- In accordance with US Export Control requirements, US Citizenship or permanent resident status is required
- <20% Travel including time spent at Vericor’s manufacturing and test facility in Greer, South Carolina
- Hybrid/Remote Working Policy
- On-the-job training from senior engineers and opportunities for annual professional development training
- Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities at all levels
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision plans
- Basic life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans
- Generous 401(k) plan with employer-matched contributions and profit sharing
- Generous & Flexible PTO
- Corporate fitness program
- Tuition reimbursement program