Product Integrity Engineer
Open PositionReports to Sr. Engineering Manager of Design and Product Integrity
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA
This role will be responsible for product integrity across all fielded applications of Vericor gas turbines and will work in close cooperation within Engineering and across other Vericor Divisions. As the technical lead for service support, you will lead complex projects and initiatives and will work with internal and external customers to contribute to Vericor’s business strategy and customer success, particularly as is pertains to customer issue resolution and product improvement.
- Technical Lead within Engineering, serving as the liaison between Vericor’s Services arm and Engineering to support the installed base
- Manage cross-functional teams to establish, implement, and maintain robust Root Cause and Corrective Action Investigations as they relate to Service Revealed Difficulties and Failure Investigations
- Develop, improve, and implement processes related to Services Engineering, including Vericor’s Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Process
- Power User of Vericor’s Remote Performance Monitoring System, RPM. You will work closely with the RPM Manager and the Services Team to gather, analyze, and interpret performance and operational data to develop methods of improved turbine reliability, availability, and performance for our customers.
- Lead inter-disciplinary team meetings to ensure that investigations are prioritized and resolved in a timely manner with an emphasis on clearly defining root cause and appropriate corrective and preventative action
- Communicate progress to senior management across organizations and interface directly with Customer technical teams up to Management level
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering discipline. Advanced degree is a plus, but not required.
- 5-10 years of industry experience with Gas Turbines (new product, and/or service engineering) with demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis projects
- Strong knowledge of turbomachinery design, and typical failure modes – creep, high temperature corrosion and oxidation, Low and High-cycle fatigue, erosion, foreign or domestic object damage
- Expertise in Causal Analysis tools and methodology ie. Fishbone/Ishikawa, 8 Step Process, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to organize, manipulate and visualize data for consumption and in support of investigation
- This role will require significant customer engagement. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, and time-management skills.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office familiarity and presentation skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Teams, etc.
- Microsoft PowerBI or Microsoft Azure exposure or experience is a plus, but not required.
- High-energy and passionate team player who is excited about solving complex, high-impact problems, and embraces a culture of trust, free-thought and collaboration
- In accordance with US Export Control requirements, US Citizenship or permanent resident status is required