Supply Chain Director
Open PositionLocation: Greer, SC or Alpharetta, GA
Reports To: President & CEO
Reports To: President & CEO
About Company: www.vericor.com Vericor Power Systems is an original equipment manufacturer of aeroderivative marine and industrial gas turbines based in Alpharetta, GA. and Greer, SC. Vericor is privately owned by CSL Partners a private equity company. Vericor manufactures gas turbine engines for Oil and gas, marine shipping, electrical distributed power generation and military markets. Their 3.5 to 5MW modular gas turbines are compact, lightweight, and rugged making them ideal for multiple applications. Vericor’s supply chain includes approximately 150 global suppliers with top 30 driving 80% of sourcing volume.
The position is responsible for the overall strategy, development and execution of sourcing and procurement function. The role includes supply chain strategy, supplier selection, supplier development, contracting, procurement, and management of direct and indirect spend. This person will lead our company wide efforts to drive supply chain effectiveness with key measures including overall cost of goods, inventory turns, availability, lead-times, and on-time delivery.
- Develop and execute a sourcing and procurement strategy to meet customer’s required delivery, price, and quality requirements.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop suppliers and strategic sourcing partners that meet our business objectives and requirements.
- Develop risk sharing strategies and tactics with suppliers to enable growth and supplier success.
- Partner with Vericor Quality leader in developing and executing a supplier quality strategy that achieves business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated, empowered, and skilled team to execute the supply chain strategy within department budget
- Work collaboratively with operations and finance to optimize inventory levels to ensure on time delivery to end customers and optimal inventory turns.
- Evaluate sourcing procedures and present improvement strategies for approval.
- Responsible for the complete purchasing process and documentation including supplier requests for quote and selection, approved supplier list (VASL), purchase order management, and shortage management
- Responsible for negotiation and administration of contracts/ long term agreements (LTAs) with vendors.
- Regularly review supplier performance and trends on cost, quality and delivery and recommend necessary improvements. Assess effectiveness of measures taken to improve performance
- Ensure DMR’s are resolved efficiently, suppliers cover their fair share of financial responsibility, and corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence.
- Direct short and long-term procurement activities for raw material, parts, component repairs, GSE and balance of plant equipment. Increase inventory turns.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques, as well as negotiating contracts that comply with industry regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, finance, logistics, or in a related field.
- BS/BA in Business/ Engineering or equivalent discipline
- > 15 years of directly applicable professional experience.
- > 10 years of strategic sourcing and/or purchasing experience in a manufacturing operation (preferably aerospace) including hands-on experience with ERP-systems, familiarity with purchasing, logistics and production processes
- > 10 years working with technical drawings and specifications as well as configuration management
- Demonstrated people leadership and team building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with hands-on experience developing, negotiating, and administering sourcing partnership and purchasing agreements.
- Ability to travel at least 20% of time
- US Citizen or permanent resident status.
- A Master’s degree in business or specialization in advanced procurement management
- Ability to interface effectively across different functions and cultures.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Quick learner who is used to working proactively and independently.
- Highly effective leader, who can create a shared vision, energize others, drive results
- Encourages innovation and demonstrates out-of-the box thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain supply chain relationships.
- Strong customer satisfaction mindset with clear “can-do” attitude and ability to enhance internal/external customer relationships.
- International experience desired
- Proven track record of completing assigned tasks on time without further follow-up.
- Team player.