Technical Sales & Programs Support Manager
Open PositionLocation: Alpharetta, GA ; Houston, TX or Greer, SC
Reports to: CCO
Reports to: CCO
Scope of the Technical Sales & Programs Support Manager:
This person understands and supports long-term organizational strategic goals, understands Opportunity to Cash (O2C) sales cycle, builds key customer relationships, supports the identification of business opportunities through the most effective application of the Vericor technology, maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions including and not limited to technology, Competitors, existing Customers and regulation and trends in the industry and Governments.
This person has a thorough knowledge of gas turbines and related package applications for Power Generation (PG), Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Combined Cooling, Heat and Power (CCHP), and Mechanical Drive (MD), possibly including power generation for oil & gas market and propulsion power systems and equipment for the marine market segments.
This person has the ability to communicate key technical, commercial and contractual issues both internally and with the customer to enable quick resolution of issues that arise during project screenings, proposals, negotiations and transfer to the execution team.
With the assigned Accounts, mainly for new projects and in synergy with the Business Development Manager, this person plays a critical role in representing the technical expertise of the Company and building relationships with significant Clients, ensuring Client satisfaction and being able to identify new opportunities to increase Company positioning and value to Clients.
It is essential for the success of this position to work with the internal team, Engineering, Operations and other Staff to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. The person is often required to travel to meet Clients and continuously update products knowledge, technical and management skills to better understand the challenges of our existing and potential Clients, make presentations on products, solutions and services and offer them the best available solutions in line with their and the Company objectives.
This position is responsible to deliver rapid, accurate, competitive, and complete technical and commercial responses to salespersons, prospective packagers, prospective distributors, prospective sales representatives, and direct customers through effective management of internal functions and direct communication with the requesting party. He/she must perform these functions in accordance with Vericor’s existing processes and is encouraged to improve our processes, tools, proposals, draft contracts and agreement outlines that meet company standards, adequately mitigate risks, and ensure the profitability of prospective business relationship. The Technical Sales & Programs Support Manager works across the multiple levels of the organization to ensure proper company support while nurturing the prospective business relationship.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, mainly referring to new markets, applications, solutions and technologies needs to grow the company in the medium term. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and the company’s competitors.
Sales and Business Development Support
• Provide high-level technical support to the sales and business development activity.
• Provide support to the CCO on market analysis and market positioning strategies.
• Provide product and application awareness training to Customers and partners.
• Assist in the qualification of new leads and opportunities.
• Participate in high-level customer meetings with the CCO and Business Development personnel.
• Coordinate responses to questions and assure the information provided is complete and accurate.
• Prepare and get required approvals for budgetary proposals.
• Coach sales and business development personnel in the preparation of fully integrated and approved firm fixed price, time & material, and cost + fixed fee type proposals.
• Participate as requested in negotiations of contracts resulting from successful proposals.
• Support the sales process with tools to easily understand if our products (gas turbines) can be utilized in a given environment & circumstances and support the understanding of the technical quality and financial sustainability of the Vericor solutions.
• Support new projects startup and execution.
• Train on product and applications of the product as necessary.
• Support Business Development in the generation and updating of the sales literature, sales tools, competitive information, etc.
• Assist in the strategic analysis of sales opportunities
• Analyze product and service pricing in the marketplace and recommend pricing strategies consistent with business objectives.
• Provide Sales Forecast and Strategic Planning input for all markets.
- Work with the CCO to qualify prospective distributors and packagers including when necessary site visits to ascertain the true capabilities of the prospective distributor and packager.
- Work with internal organizations and senior management to secure a business relationship with qualified distributors and packagers.
- Draft MOU’s as necessary to bring the prospective distributor or packager on board as quickly as possible while the formal business agreement is being negotiated.
- In conjunction with the CCO, draft and negotiate the main terms & conditions which form the framework of the final formal business agreement between Vericor and the distributor or packager.
- Work with Program Management to convert the agreed Terms and Conditions into a fully executed agreement.
- As requested by the CCO and Business Development personnel, support the prospective distributor or packager in their proposal efforts.
- Provide technical, product, and application sales training to distributors and packagers after they have an enforceable agreement in place.
- Provide sufficient turnover information on prospective distributors and packagers to ensure an orderly and informed transfer of support
- Support the Program Management in turning the agreed-upon terms and conditions into an enforceable business agreement with the distributor or packager.
- Support the development of system design of the balance of plant systems for packages.
- Develop and manage package specifications and application guides for packages.
- Provide application engineering support to packaging partners for the integration of Vericor gas turbines into their packages.
- Support engineering’s efforts to conduct packaging partners design reviews and corrective actions.
- Develop, manage, and continually improve an efficient sales process for supporting solutions proposals
- Develop, manage, and continually improve an efficient proposal process that 1) addresses the different levels of proposals required to respond to the customer needs, and 2) provides assurances for issuing a consistent, complete, signed-off firm proposal that addresses all customer requirements and expectations.
- Establish, update, and manage proposal documents for response to a budgetary proposal
- Provide proposal tools to assist Proposal Lead Personnel with assuring the successful completion of a fully responsive proposal.
- Continually audit/review the sales processes to assure their efficiency and effectiveness.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior-level management on business trends to develop new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify or support the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
• Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled in a timely manner.
• Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and technical capabilities.
• Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an associated engineering field.
• 10-15 years of learned expertise in gas turbines and gas turbine packages utilized in power generation, mechanical drive systems or marine propulsion utilizing gas turbines and/or reciprocating engines.
• Deep technical understanding of gas turbine marketplace and products, their applications, and associated plant equipment.
• Understanding and experience in the design and implementation of complex support systems.
• Demonstrated success at managing projects in a matrix-type organization within tight time constraints.
• Understanding of contractual language and requirements.
• High level of energy, creativity, and willingness to work hard. Used to task accountability and teamwork.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking.
• Recommendation letters from previous employers and/or Customers
• Microsoft Office (including Project and Visio).
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10 years of varying experience in the proposing and execution of complex projects.
• Demonstrated success at managing a matrix-type organization within tight time constraints.
• Project engineering and/or project management skills in a matrix environment.
• Experience in the design and implementation of complex support systems for gas turbines and associated products
• Experience with contract management.
• Multi-lingual (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, German, and other languages)