Account & Program Manager
Open PositionLocation: Alpharetta, GA
Reports to: Senior Account and Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Account and Program Manager
Scope of Account and Program Manager:
The Account and Program Manager is the link between the technical, quality, manufacturing and commercial Vericor organization and the Customer organization, therefore must clearly understand the technical, operational, quality and commercial realities on both sides and act with the maximum efficiency in order to ensure a smooth operation, a satisfied Customer and a successful internal organization.
- The Account and Program Manager is responsible for assisting Account Managers in organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization and serves as a key Customer contact for all Sales Programs for the assigned customers.
- This person has a good general technical knowledge and technical understanding of gas turbines and has strong interest and motivation to learn about our Customers gas turbine applications.
- Key requirement for this position, mainly after the planned training and coaching, is the ability to learn and communicate key technical, commercial and contractual issues both to the internal team and with the Customer, to enable quick resolution of issues that may arise during the projects execution. Due to the relevance of this position the training will consider an exposure to all Company key process and functions.
- The ability to lead and efficiently administer programs with interfaces and platforms through different environments (i.e. sales, quality, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, finance) is key for the success of this position. It will be required some specific training for expert use of some of those platforms (i.e. GP, Saleforce, TeamCenter).
There are 3 main areas of responsibilities linked to this position:
• The support of the Account and Program Manager Sr., to also learn from this Sr. position how to best manage complex situations
• The management of assigned Accounts and Programs, which will start from easier account and programs and increase with time the level of complexity and responsibility
• The account management automation and reporting, focus on creating, developing and utilizing a series of new tools and process to enhance the role and efficiency of the position
- Assist the Account Managers in identifying, understanding and log customer complaints and support the corrective action process to ensure problems are resolved and results are communicated back to the customer through an effective system either developed or to be develop.
- Assist the Account Managers in coordinating support functions within the organization, including engineering, quality, manufacturing, supply chain and finance, to ensure that all customer contractual deliverables are achieved within schedule, invoices are issued correctly, responsibilities are effectively flowed down to subcontractors, and warranties are administered correctly.
- Assist Account Managers as requested on all assigned projects. Includes initial feasibility studies, contract definition, commissioning activities, schedule fidelity, profitability, cash flow management (including payables and receivables), subcontractor management, and customer interface.
- Assist Account Managers as requested on sales programs support, project management, schedule fidelity, profitability, cash flow management (including payables and receivables), subcontractor management, and customer interface.
- Assist Account Managers to develop new sales contracts associated with assigned customers, together with Sales team.
- Manage the assigned key accounts portfolio acting as the liaison between key customers and internal teams.
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships and achieve assigned strategic account objectives.
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
- Suggest technical and commercial solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Support the Sales team with commercial and technical input to develop quotes and secure orders that are in line with Customer Programs for established Customers.
- Support the different Customers assigned on current programs, including order processing, invoicing, and scheduling deliveries in agreement with Company capacity and Customers requests.
- Aid in soliciting customer feedback from all assigned Customers and provide this feedback to the organization in order to continuously improve our customer relations.
- Identify and log customer complaints and support the corrective action process to ensure problems are resolved and results are communicated back to the customer.
- Provide leadership and direction to all support functions within the organization, including engineering, quality, manufacturing, supply chain and finance, to ensure that all customer contractual deliverables are achieved within schedule, invoices are issued correctly, responsibilities are effectively flowed down to subcontractors, and warranties are administered correctly.
- Manage all assigned projects. Includes initial feasibility studies, contract definition, commissioning activities, schedule fidelity, profitability, cash flow management (including payables and receivables), subcontractor management, and customer interface.
- Develop new sales contracts associated with assigned customers, together with Sales team and support pricing of new engines, engine repairs, spare parts, and services for assigned customers.
- Develop a new Account Management System to:
o monitor and report efficiently interactions with the different Accounts
o Support forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
o Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
o Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that opportunities prerequisites (like due diligence, prequalification or others) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Research and develop processes to improve efficiency of Account Management tasks
• BSME/BSEE or equivalent discipline.
• High level of energy, creativity and willingness to work hard. Used to task accountability and team working with strong interest in turbomachinery and related applications.
• Knowledge of and desire to learn technical and commercial aspects of mechanical drive systems, cogeneration systems, power generation systems, and gas turbine technology
• Ability to develop technical and commercial analysis, cost estimating, and project payback analysis.
• Project management attributes to help lead commercial and government programs.
• Ability to effectively present both verbally and in written format in clear, concise technical and commercial summaries to senior management and customers.
• Ability to listen to the customer and translate their concerns into internal corrective actions
• Strong personal skills with the ability to develop new customer relationships and enhance existing relationships.
• Deliver on commitments, both internal and external.
• Experience with and/or capability to learn project planning software, such as MS Project, Excel, or similar tools and accounting software for order processing.
• Demonstrated self-starter with ability to handle and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and reliably in a fast-paced environment.
• Microsoft Office (including Project and Visio) and advanced skills for general software application use.
• Recommendation letters from previous employers or Customers or College Professors.
• US Citizen or permanent resident status required.
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated success at managing a matrix type organization within tight time constraints.
• Project engineering and/or project management skills.
• Ability to understand or experience with contract management.
• Minor in business administration preferred.
• Other languages (i.e., Spanish, Chinese, Swedish, French, Italian, Indian, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, German, Turkish).