Power Generation for Municipality & Utility Grids Sr. Manager
Open PositionLocation: Houston, TX
Reports to: CCO
Reports to: CCO
Scope of Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids Sr. Manager
The position is responsible for Industrial related market research, strategy definition, marketing activity, proposal management, and account management, securing final contract with Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids customers.
This person has a thorough knowledge of gas turbines and related Industrial package applications for Power Generation (PG), Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Combined Cooling, Heat and Power (CCHP), and Mechanical Drive (MD). This person further has the technical expertise and experience to communicate key technical, commercial, and contractual issues both internally and with the customer to enable quick resolution of issues which arise during project screenings, project proposals, project negotiations, and final transfer of projects from the pre-contract phase to the final landing and execution phase.
This person understands and supports long-term organizational strategic goals, manages Opportunity to Cash (O2C) sales cycle, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions including and not limited to technology, Competitors, existing Customers and regulation in the industry and Governments.
With the assigned Accounts this person plays a critical role in representing the Company and building relationships with significant Clients, ensuring Client satisfaction and being able to identify new opportunities to increase Company positioning and value to Clients.
Success at this position requires excellent technical skills with a deep understanding of customer values, technology and technology applications. This individual must also be an excellent team player and matrix organizational leader, to function effectively across the internal organizational departments. This person is often required to travel for high level customer technical and/or commercial meetings, contract negotiations, and trade shows to provide technical backup for high level Customer visits at the booth. This individual is expected to continually update product knowledge and management skills to better ensure success of the customer and Vericor.
The person in this position is responsible for the development of the Vericor Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids market, identifying potential customers in North America, sales channels and landing sales to increase the Vericor portfolio.
This person should be able to uncover Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids opportunities where Vericor solutions can bring a substantial value to the Customer and deliver rapid, accurate, competitive, and complete technical and commercial responses to Customers, prospective packagers and distributors, through knowledge and the effective management of internal resources when necessary.
Part of those responsibilities includes the management of the sales relationship preparing technical and commercial proposals, bringing the potential customer to the signed contract and manage the Client Account with the highest level of professionalism and ethic.
He/she must develop an excellent professional relationship with current, prospective or new Clients and set targets for sales and provide support to continually improve the relationship. He/she is also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to Clients, and developing the pipeline of Vericor Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids business. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the Competition and the solutions that we can provide.
New Business Development
• Expand Vericor Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids market portfolio.
• Investigate and identify potential clients and turn this into increased business.
• Maintain knowledge of the North America potential market and technology utilized for the Vericor product.
• Conduct pro-active marketing campaigns to identify and target potential programs or technology applications in advance of market requirements to allow a pro-active market technology penetration
• Screen inquiries from potential customers and prepare appropriate responses
• Manage the Opportunity to Cash (O2C) process with due diligence and supported by cross functional Vericor team including engineering, program management, supply chain, quality and the executive team, to ensure a quality due diligence and a high success ratio for the identified opportunities that satisfy the general O2C criteria.
• Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team and submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
• Track and record activity on accounts and close deals to meet these targets.
• Manage all communication with the potential customer in the sales phase, ensuring that the opportunity strategy remains valid and make changes as the process dictates.
• Generate responsive technical and commercial proposals to RFQs and RFPs which adhere to the opportunity strategy for approved or targeted sales campaigns
• Draft sales contracts and other business agreements, manage the contract negotiation process leading to successful contract signing.
• Provide sales forecasts for strategic planning input in the industrial market segment.
• Provide market assessments and strategic overviews as requested.
• Conduct marketing and business development activities to enhance awareness of the product in the marketplace including advertising, trade show recommendation, participation and management, conference participation and other industry activities leading to increased market awareness and product interest in the marketplace.
• Work with the CCO to qualify prospective distributors and packagers including, when necessary, site visits to ascertain the true capabilities of the prospective distributor and packager.
• Prepare first class proposals for sales opportunities in accordance with our sales process and our Vericor authorization matrix. Establish, update, and manage proposal documents for response to budgetary proposal requests for the industrial market.
• Establish a system to draw answers to customer’s questions (Q&A) from the industrial power generation market to minimize the disruption of the other functional organizations.
• Prepare and conduct training as required for Customers, proposal lead personnel and others in Vericor Industrial solutions.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Manage the assigned key accounts portfolio and achieve assigned strategic account objectives, establishing strong, long-term Client relationships.
• Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
• Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet Client needs.
• Handle complaints and problems with the key accounts portfolio in a timely and effective manner and act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams.
• Identify and approach new potential strategic customers.
• Monitor sales performance metrics.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecast by Customers and major opportunity.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an associated engineering field.
• 10-15 years learned expertise in industrial gas turbines and gas turbine packages utilized in power generation, and mechanical drive systems (compressors, pumps, alternators) utilizing gas turbines and/or reciprocating engines with recommendation letter from previous employers
• Deep technical understanding of gas turbines products, packages, their applications, and associated plant equipment, with proven record of sales success in Power Generation for Municipality and Utility grids gas turbines and/or packages.
• 3-5 years’ experience in the selection or support of selecting equipment for use in the Power Generation markets, alternators, VFDs, transformers, switch boxes and accessories
• At least 3 years in preparing integrated and complex proposals with strong experience with contract management and understanding of contractual language and requirements, together with strong organizational skills.
• Formal sales training covering Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals.
• Microsoft Office (including Project and Visio) and advanced skills for general software application use including utilization of video conferencing, teleconferencing, webcast and other remote assistance technologies.
• Fluent professional speaking and writing in English and Spanish.
• US Citizen or permanent resident status required.
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10-15 years of varying experience in the proposing and execution of complex industrial projects in different environment.
• Experience in the design and implementation of complex support systems for gas turbine and associated products in the industrial market.
• International professional experience with rich portfolio of professional connection in the industrial power generation or power utilization market
• Demonstrated success at managing a matrix type organization within tight time constraints.
• Other languages (i.e., Chinese, Indian, Russian, Arabic, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Turkish).