Marine Propulsion for High Performance Vessels
Today’s marine propulsion systems must provide faster vessel speed, enable greater payloads or deliver more power per square foot of machinery space. When vessel speed is critical and space is a premium, gas turbines can be an ideal solution.
For fast patrol boats, fast attack craft, corvettes and hovercraft as well as commercial applications such as fast ferries and mega-yachts, marine propulsion is made simple with Vericor’s aero-derivative gas turbine-based power plants. Our marine propulsion offerings, ranging from 4,000 to 10,000 shp are based on the TF Series gas turbines.
Compact & Lightweight
Our TF Series gas turbines are compact, lightweight and provide many times the horsepower over diesel engines for the same installed weight at a lower installed volume. With a cold-end drive, the gas turbine can be integrated into the package by cantilever mounting directly to the reduction gear, or mounting to a horizontal support frame and coupled to the reduction gear with a shaft and coupling.
The TF Series turbines can provide efficient power to a variety of propulsors including fixed and variable pitch propellers, waterjets and, in the case of hovercraft, air props. The small size and light weight features of the TF Series also allow for the installation of single or multiple gas turbines in combined system configurations.
Marine Propulsion System Configurations
Vericor can provide military and commercial marine customers with stand alone power plants or combined with diesels to form CODAG,CODOG and COGAG systems. Our propulsion packages can be designed to integrate two or three TF Series gas turbines in either a “side-by-side” or and “over/under” or “Tri-pak” configuration depending on the space constraints in the hull.
- Compact, lightweight
- Operates on marine diesel fuel
- Smallest installed volume / lowest installed weight
- Modular engine design reduces maintenance cost
- Simplified installation with cold end drive and cantilever mount
- Precise digital engine control and monitoring
- No warm up required / start capability down to -50C
- Low vibration and ultra low emission levels
- Single, twin and tri-pak configurations
- High operational readiness
- Easy on-board installation and change out
- Commercial classification through ABS, DnV and others
Marine Propulsion Application
- Fast patrol boats
- Fast attack craft
- Fast ferries
- Mono- and multi-hull commercial vessels
- Conventional displacement hulls